ENDURANCE NUTRITion program
A recent study published in the IJSNEM found that using a scientific approach to nutrition in a marathon takes, on average, nearly 11 minutes OFF an amateur runner's finish time.
The Endurance Nutrition Program is run by Food to Fit - a collaboration between Sally Mitchell and Rachel Eagleton, two university qualified nutritionists, mothers, and amateur endurance athletes. We offer in person consultations in Brisbane and Sydney, as well as online programs and support for those elsewhere in Australia.
Our 8 week program focuses on supporting your marathon training with making nutritious food choices a priority so that you can get to the start line feeling great. On race day you will be armed with well trialled strategies that work for you and will help you run your best fuelled marathon, half marathon or triathlon.
"This course was excellent, really practical and useful. The material was well presented and easy to understand and put into practice. The Facebook page was an added bonus. I learned a lot and feel a lot more confident about fuelling my running now. Rachel was extremely helpful and always available to answer any questions. I'm very grateful, thank you!” - Mary Naughton (Amsterdam Marathon 2016)
Endurance Nutrition Package: $180
- An initial 1 hour phone or in person nutrition consultation
- Daily calorie and macronutrient targets, advice on how to change these targets for your long runs.
- 16 nutrition lessons delivered by email (2 per week)
- 5 family friendly recipes delivered weekly by email
- One video lesson on portion sizes
- Access to a closed online support group to ask as many questions as you need to throughout the 8 weeks.
- A personalised race nutrition carb loading and race fuelling strategy.
- Your nutritionist checking in with you weekly or as needed by you.