It's not that I hide veggies from my children, it's just that they haven't asked what's in my mash! I love that I can get an extra serve of veggies in with our dinner. Potatoes have been given such a bad rap, but they are a great source of fibre and a good source of vitamin B6. Cauliflower is high in antioxidants and a great source of vitamin C.
CAULIFLOWER AND POTATO MASH
- 500g cream delight or other mashable potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 125ml milk
- Grate parmesan for 10 seconds on speed 8, remove and set aside
- Cook potato in milk for 10 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1
- Add cauliflower and cook for another 10 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1
- Insert butterfly whisk and parmesan, and whiz for 30 seconds at speed 4
- Cook potato in milk on stove for 10 minutes and add cauliflower for another 5.
- Drain any extra liquid.
- Mash and stir through parmesan cheese.